1) The average lifespan of a tornado is less than 15 minutes.
2) The tornado is the most violent of all earth’s storms
3) In 1967, Hurricane Beulah unleased 115 tornadoes over Texas.
4) Lightning is 5 times hotter then the surface of the sun.
5) The Empire State Building has been struck by lightning a dozen time in a single storm.
6) The Empire State Building gets struck by lightning on the average of 500 a year.
7) One lightning bolt has enough electricity to service 200 000 homes.
8) Baseball sized hail killed 246 people in India in 1888.
9) Thunderstorms can generate gusts of wind that can develope additional thunderstorms 100 miles away.
10)Supercells are the most dangerous types of thunderstorms.
11) The Greeks fenced off spots that had been struck by lightning so that man would not tred on ground touched by Gods.
12) There is NOT a law of nature that prohibits 2 snowflakes from being identical.
13) A government study showed that one small thunderstorm held more than 33 million gallons of water.
14) One South Dakota tornado was observed hovering in a field for 45 minutes.
15) Wet air is lighter than dry air.
16)The winter of 1932 in the US was so cold that Niagara falls froze completely solid!
17)In ten minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined!.
18)Dirty snow melts faster than clean.
19)A typical flash of folk lightning lasts for about 0.2 seconds.
20)At any particular time, there are approximately 1,800 thunderstorms occurring in the Earth’s atmosphere.